Rat and Mice Control is one of the issues we face as home owners. Eco-Smart Pest Control has seen various type of damage which rats and mice can cause to your home. Rats and mice can carry disease. The most common is salmonella (an infection from the bacteria) which causes diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps. Humans can get infected with diseases after handling a rat or mouse, their feces, urine, or saliva from a bite), or by eating or inhaling contaminated food, water, or dust. Disease can also be spread from ticks, mites, or fleas that have fed on an infected rodent. Rats and mice carry many diseases such as Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, Rat-bite fever, Leptospirosis, and Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis. Rodent populations grow very quickly so time is against you. Think of the health of your loved ones.
Did You Know: Rats carry a form of fleas and mites on their fur? Rats and Mice around your children are a dangerous combination?
What draws rodents (Mice & Rats) to home?
If you want to prevent the infestation of rodents into your house, you will need to identify their point of access. Once you identify these areas and what is making your house the rodent haven it becomes easier to bid farewell to these pests. Easy availability of food and water attracts rodents to your kitchen and the rest of your home. Poorly maintained pipe and ceilings makes it easier for them to become members of your family.
Rodent infestation leaves its own trace and autograph. From rat droppings to invisible gnawing marks on your furniture. Rats chew through fabric and every now and then you may find holes in your favorite pair of shoes or cashmere coat. You might see larger holes in furniture and your floorboards. Moth balls are effective in keeping them away from your clothing but may not be as effective in larger areas of your home.
How do I get rid of them?
- Clean the standing water from flower pots and other sources
- Cut down tall shrubs and weeds in your garden area
- Clean up any sources of food or water (e.g., open food on counters, pet food, etc.) and anything that might provide shelter for rodents
- Keep food in sealed containers
- Use a thick plastic bags to dispose of rat and mice dirt
- Sprinkle baby powder or pepper all around the areas where rats and mice have entered your home
- Clip some of your hair and place them all over in corners of your home and holes where rats and mice are seen
- Place some cow manure balls in your ceiling and garden
- Slice onions into quarters and place them near the holes where rodents dwell
- Simply contact Eco-Smart Pest Control
What problems can they cause?
- Rodents generally cause minor problems in houses – of those with yellow-necked mice, 42 per cent suffer damage to furnishings and internal structures, 31 per cent to food, and 9 per cent to insulation and wiring; 18 per cent suffer no damage.
- Chewing wiring is a particular problem – it can lead to fires and be expensive to repair.
Eco-Smart Pest Control cares about your family and their health.
What we do:
We remove any dust, dirt and rubble from your ceiling cavity. We then vacuum the cavity and provide a FREE rodent treatment in the ceiling. Finally we spray and Eco-friendly contact residual insecticide on all the surfaces to treat for (but not limited to) dust mites, bird lice, termites and cockroaches.
For an obligation free quote;
Aaron: 076 509 4708 or email@example.com
Louis: 083 259 4805 or Louis@ecosmartpest.co.za
To rate our Blog or Service: Click Here
Blog powered by: BM Project Solutions