Did You Know? Rats and Mice have teeth that never stop growing!
Now you know the reason rats continuously chew chew chew. They have to keep their teeth down to a considerable size. These remarkable home invaders chew on various items for nesting purposes and to wear down their teeth. Books, wiring, cement, brick, wood and lead pipes are perfect targets for their destructive chewing. Your home is the perfect place to host these rodents and yes your ceiling and roof has all the chewing and nesting material rats and mice need this winter.
Rats and mice are prone to move into your homes and offices during and before the winter season starts. Please see the Autumn Pest blog which will inform you that South Africa does not really have four distinct seasons. That is the reason rodents and pests move into your home during autumn in order to get comfy for winter. Rats and mice love your home in winter as this is a perfect hub for their outrages reproductive lifestyle. Mice can have litters of five to six babies every three weeks and rats produce litters 15 times per year.
DIY Tips from Eco-Smart
- Spread moth balls all over the interior of your home
- Climb into the ceiling of your home and vacuum it out
- Owl feathers scare them away
- Simply contact Eco-Smart Pest Control
Yes, Eco-Smart Pest Control offers ceiling and roof vacuuming. Why should you vacuum your roof and ceiling?
- It reduces the amount of hazardous dust coming through the ceiling and light fixtures
- Remove possible diseases (disintegrating rat, bat and bird faecal matter)
- Reduces the risk of allergies (asthma, hay fever and skin irritations)
- Remove any bird nests or rodent carcasses
- Reduce dust mite and bird lice infestations
What we do:
We remove any dust, dirt and rubble from your ceiling cavity. We then vacuum the cavity and provide a FREE rodent treatment in the ceiling. Finally we spray and Eco-friendly contact residual insecticide on all the surfaces to treat for (but not limited to) dust mites, bird lice, termites and cockroaches.
Optional extra services
On request, and for an additional fee, we can
- Remove and replace old insulation
- Sanitise the cavity using an antifungal and antibacterial spray
- Clean out all gutters
- Household pest control
- Bird control
Please feel free to contact Aaron on 076 509 4708 for an obligation free quotation.
Aaron: 076 509 4708 or email@example.com
Louis: 083 259 4805 or Louis@ecosmartpest.co.za
Blog powered by: BM Project Solutions