These rats and mice stay active through the winter, and if the conditions in your home are comfortable, they may just decide to move inside your house. Rats and mice are both strong swimmers, and have even been known to swim through sewer lines or climb vertically up drain pipes to enter homes.
What Attracts Rats to Your Home?
Rats and mice are mammals, meaning they need to maintain a warm body temperature to survive. Add harsh winter months only means there are fewer food sources available, and you can see why rats might decide to make your house a home.
What attracts rats and mice to your house?
· An untidy/messy living area, especially if you leave food out or don’t clean up spills immediately
· Areas that provide shelter, such as wood and leaf piles.
· Pet food
· Easy access to food and water
When you’re trying to keep rats away, it helps to think of what a rat would need to survive. The most effective method is removing any objects which offers them food or shelter.
· If you live in a warmer area, fix leaky outdoor plumbing to cut off water supplies.
· Plug up any holes that are larger than a ¼ inch.
· Clean your home regularly, paying special attention to the kitchen.
· Store dry goods/pet food in containers of metal or glass. Remember not to leave food out.
· Feed your pets inside the house and keep their water bowls indoors.
· Make sure the lids on your bins are secured to help prevent rats from accessing the contents.
The first step is knowing what attracts rats and then figuring out how to keep them away. The second is contacting a company that provides professional such as Eco-Smart Pest Control. Bait boxes contain a rodenticide that kills the mouse or rat in a few days. The boxes shelter the poisonous rodenticide and keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Eco-Smart Pest Control
We offer green solutions to your Pest Infestations, Tree Care and Lawn Care needs. The green protection is a system to utilize only the highest quality of environmentally friendly methods and materials through our eco-smart elimination.
- We do fumigation of grain and other dry commodities
- Fumigation of building and warehouses
- Fumigation in restaurants against cockroaches
- Control of rodents and similar pests.
- Termite control in gardens, buildings etc.
HACCP Food Safety Principles are applied on food premises.
For an obligation free quote;
Aaron: 076 509 4708 (West Rand)
Louis: 083 259 4805 or (East Rand)
Eco-Smart Pest Control services all areas within Gauteng such as, West Rand, East Rand, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Randburg, Fairland, Krugersdorp, Alberton, Benoni, South Hills, Sandton, Fourways, Dainfern, Douglasdale, Bryanston, Parkhurst, Centurion, Steeldale, Oakdene, Glenvista, Meredale, Ormonde, Mondeor, Eldorado Park, Klipspruit West, Bedford View, Bezuidenhout Valley, Randpark Ridge, Northgate, Northriding, Lazer Park, Rustenburg, Kempton Park, and many more.
Blog powered by: BM Project Solutions