Cockroaches are probably the most resilient pest/insect out there. They can thrive in very limited and basic conditions. In order for us to understand how do we get rid of cockroaches we first need to understand how do we attract cockroaches to our homes?
There are a few main causes leading to cockroach infestation;
• Poor/low domestic hygiene.
• Irregular/no pest control measures.
• Food stored in uncovered containers.
Getting rid of cockroaches is not as simple as just spraying insecticide or repellants. These pests can and will get into all things, they reproduce quickly and can survive for months without food and water.
Remove Food Sources
Kitchen Appliances. These pests can live off the scrubs and grease left behind from dirty dishes or kitchen utensils. It is important to clean behind all large kitchen appliances regularly (fridges, freezer, stove, etc.).
Store food in sealable containers. Cockroaches can get through small spaces and hence they can get into open packets of teabags, chips, rice, etc.
Bay Leaf Roach Repellent
Cockroaches despise the strong smell of bay leaves. This is a homemade repellent that will not kill them but dispel them from your home.
- Use a few handfuls of bay leaves.
- Grind them down to a fine powder.
- Sprinkle this powder in areas where cockroaches have been identified.
Cockroaches actually breathe through the center (abdominal region) of their bodies. Fabric softener will kill them by making it hard for them to breathe.
- Mix 2 part water with 3 parts fabric softener.
- Pour solution into a spray bottle.
- Apart from spraying this solution directly on cockroaches, you can also spray it into your zinc, basins, behind fridges, freezers, stoves, and furniture.
Repeat the process as often as desired/required.
Eco-Smart Pest Control
We offer green solutions to your Pest Infestations, Tree Care and Lawn Care needs. The green protection is a system to utilize only the highest quality of environmentally friendly methods and materials through our eco-smart elimination.
- We do fumigation of grain and other dry commodities
- Fumigation of building and warehouses
- Fumigation in restaurants against cockroaches
- Control of rodents and similar pests.
- Termite control in gardens, buildings etc.
HACCP Food Safety Principles are applied on food premises.
For an obligation free quote;
Aaron: 076 509 4708 (West Rand)
Louis: 083 259 4805 or (East Rand)
Eco-Smart Pest Control services all areas within Gauteng such as, West Rand, East Rand, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Randburg, Fairland, Krugersdorp, Alberton, Benoni, South Hills, Sandton, Fourways, Dainfern, Douglasdale, Bryanston, Parkhurst, Centurion, Steeldale, Oakdene, Glenvista, Meredale, Ormonde, Mondeor, Eldorado Park, Klipspruit West, Bedford View, Bezuidenhout Valley, Randpark Ridge, Northgate, Northriding, Lazer Park, Rustenburg, Kempton Park, and many more.
Blog powered by: BM Project Solutions