There is nothing more annoying than the sound of crickets inside your home. Crickets are brown or black with long antennae. They have wings, which lay flat against their body, except when the male lifts its wings to scrap 1 against the other to make a chirping sound. This sound is made to grab the attention of a female cricket. The female cricket hears the chirping through eardrums located on her front legs. Crickets can jump up to 3 feet, which makes crickets difficult to get rid of.
The most common types of cricket found in homes are the house, field, and camel cricket. Crickets are drawn to your home because they like humid, dark places. Outside your home, crickets are food for spiders, wasps, beetles, reptiles, birds and rodents. Crickets are omnivores, meaning they eat both plants and animals. They will also ingest seeds, fungi, wood and cloth.
By taking preventative measures, you can get rid of crickets. Check your foundation for any cracks or holes where crickets can enter and seal any openings you may find. Keep the grass cut around your house so crickets don’t use it as shelter. Gutters should be cleaned of leaves as this creates and ideal spot for crickets to live. Bright outdoor lighting at night attracts crickets. There are some things you can do to get rid of crickets in your home.
- Vacuum Cleaner – Vacuum the room by making use of high efficiency particulate air. These high-powered machines will pull off the eggs from carpets or the areas wherever they have been laid
- Seal Your Home – Seal the tiny cracks around your home with cement or plaster so that crickets do not creep inside them.
- Throw Out the Trash – Crickets are attracted to the smell of trash, so dispose of it properly and the bin must be kept covered always.
Eco-Smart Pest Control
We offer green solutions to your Pest Infestations, Tree Care and Lawn Care needs. The green protection is a system to utilize only the highest quality of environmentally friendly methods and materials through our eco-smart elimination.
- We do fumigation of grain and other dry commodities
- Fumigation of building and warehouses
- Fumigation in restaurants against cockroaches
- Control of rodents and similar pests.
- Termite control in gardens, buildings etc.
HACCP Food Safety Principles are applied on food premises.
For an obligation free quote;
Aaron: 076 509 4708 (West Rand)
Louis: 083 259 4805 or (East Rand)
Eco-Smart Pest Control services all areas within Gauteng such as, West Rand, East Rand, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Randburg, Fairland, Krugersdorp, Alberton, Benoni, South Hills, Sandton, Fourways, Dainfern, Douglasdale, Bryanston, Parkhurst, Centurion, Steeldale, Oakdene, Glenvista, Meredale, Ormonde, Mondeor, Eldorado Park, Klipspruit West, Bedford View, Bezuidenhout Valley, Randpark Ridge, Northgate, Northriding, Lazer Park, Rustenburg, Kempton Park, and many more.
Blog powered by: BM Project Solutions