Silverfish are fairly harmless, but these grayish-blue, serpentine creatures aren’t pleasant to have around the house. They feed on books, dead skin cells, and other starchy materials and thrive in dark, wet spaces. Once you’ve determined you have an infestation, you can get rid of silverfish by repelling them or killing them with insecticides. There are many ways of getting rid of them of which you may have to try several. The easiest is to contact Eco-Smart Pest Control.
Did you know: Silverfish hide their eggs cracks, making them extremely hard to identify. Silverfish can lie anything between 4 to 20 eggs per day.
DIY Tips from Eco-Smart
- Use a glass jar, masking tape, and bread (Trap)
- This trap is best used in the evening when fish moths come out to feed
- Take a glass container
- Wrap the outside of the container with masking tape all the way to the top
- Place a piece of bread in the jar
- Place the jar in the area where you suspect fish moths.
- Fish moths will be able to climb into the jar with the aid of the masking tape
- Once in the jar they will eat the bread but due to the slippery glass cannot escape.
- Make packets of spices (torepel fish moths from cabinets).
- Silverfish don’t like the smell of spices
- Make little sachets of cloves, cinnamon, and other strong-smelling spices
- Placing them in your kitchen cabinets and cupboards
- Use lavender or citrus essential oil(a spray that can help repel fish moths).
- Both of these scents are effective in repelling fish moths
- Completely nontoxic to humans
- Get some lemon or lavender essential oil (Dischem or Clicks)
- Dilute with water
- Spray liberally in all areas where you don’t want silverfish
- These sprays can be used in closets, drawers, and other bedroom areas.
For an obligation free quote;
Aaron: 076 509 4708 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Louis: 083 259 4805 or Louis@ecosmartpest.co.za
To rate our Blog or Service: Click Here
Blog powered by: BM Project Solutions