Did You Know: Cockroaches contaminate food, utensils, and furnishings and they are the carriers of diseases such as Gastroenteritis and Dysentery?
Gastroenteritis: When you have diarrhea (running stomach) and vomiting, you can say that you have the “Stomach Flu”.
Dysentery: Inflammation or swelling of the intestines accompanied by bloody diarrhea.
There are two types of cockroaches, The American and German cockroach. The American cockroach is associated with its size as it is one of the largest of the cockroach family. These are generally 4cm in length and are red brown in colour. The German cockroach on the other hand is flat and smaller in size. These measure in at 1cm to 1.5cm in length and are light brown in colour. These cockroaches can be found in warm moist areas which contain food or unoccupied dwellings. They also occupy sub floors and roof areas away from human activity. Cockroaches can survive months without food and has a preference for decaying (old food in rubbish bins) waste.
What can you do? Eco-smart Top 5 tips
- Remove food residue (bread crumbs, vegetable peels, etc.) in and around the kitchen area, especially near the fridge and freezer.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Empty rubbish bins regularly.
- Steam clean soiled areas.
- Fix leaks, especially from hot water systems.
Eco-Smart Pest Control
We offer green solutions to your Pest Infestations, Tree Care and Lawn Care needs. The green protection is a system to utilize only the highest quality of environmentally friendly methods and materials through our eco-smart elimination.
- We do fumigation of grain and other dry commodities
- Fumigation of building and warehouses
- Fumigation in restaurants against cockroaches
- Control of rodents and similar pests.
- Termite control in gardens, buildings etc.
HACCP Food Safety Principles are applied on food premises.
Aaron: 076 509 4708 or email@example.com
Louis: 083 259 4805 or firstname.lastname@example.org